ASTM Level 1 Medical Grade Masks
are the standard for surgical masks. As part of the protection offering, they are a cost-effective solution for general use featuring ear loops and are the general standard for both surgical and procedural applications EN14683 & ASTM Rated.
Consisting of SMS* 3 ply face masks with an integrated nose clip. High filtration efficacy acc. to EN 14683, type I. These masks have different layer (SMS) materials and thicknesses with EN14683 certification. We purchase this mask from a trusted manufacturer from Turkey who we have been dealing with since 2013.
ASTM-rated face mask protects your nose and mouth against splashes and sprays of blood and other bodily fluids, as well as bacteria and particulate matter of the sizes indicated in the above table
Mask using *SMS Explained
SMS means - Spunbond - Melt blown - Spunbond, and is a tri laminate non woven fabric. It is made up of a top layer of spunbond polypropylene, a middle layer of melt blown polypropylene and a bottom layer of spunbond polypropylene.
It's an extremely fine mesh of synthetic polymer fibres (micro and nanofibers) that forms the critical inner filtration layer of a mask, allowing the wearer to breath while reducing the inflow of possible infectious particles. Many Tri masks being sold only use non woven material.
In more detail:
Why combine spunbond polypropylene with melt blown polypropylene to create SMS?
As we know spunbond polypropylene has many excellent properties, strength and durability being just two of those. Melt blown has relatively weak tensile properties but due to the smaller fibres and larger surface area taken up by the fibres, it has excellent wicking and barrier/filter properties. Together, they create a strong product which can also offer a barrier to fluids and particles.
What are the Medical applications for SMS?
- Filtration – this is a huge market for SMS and includes surgical face masks, gas and liquid filtration as well as cartridge filters.
- Medical Healthcare and Sanitary products – As SMS can be treated with additional repellents to withstand for example alcohol, oil and blood, this makes it an excellent fabric for the medical industry. Typical uses being surgical drapes, gowns, sterilisation wraps, disposable patient sheets, female sanitary products, nappies and incontinence products.
- Box: x 50 CE certified approved masks
- SMS - Non Woven (Spunbond + Melt-blown + Spunbond)
- Nose clamp
- Colour: White
- Breathabillity: EN14683:2019
- Filtration Efficiency: EN14683:2019
- ASTM: F2299: PFE (Filtration 1μm) ≥ 95% @ 0.1 micron - EuroLab Certified
Used and approved by the Turkish Health Authorities
Medical Devices Directive (EU) 93/42/EC
Certified/Registered EN 14683:2019 +AC:2019
It is worth noting that there are many other masks on the market with no genuine certification.
As you can appreciate due to the hygienic and infection control properties the mask is non returnable
HOW TO FIT YOUR MASK SAFETLY
- Always wash your hands or rub your hands together thoroughly with alcohol-based hand sanitiser before touching the mask
- Hold the mask in the palm of your hand with the nose piece at your finger tips.
- Line up the mask just under your chin, then pull the Elastic Ear loops over your ears.
- Using both hands mould the nose piece bendable metallic upper strip to the shape of your nose by pinching and pressing down on it with your fingers.
- To check it's fitted correctly, place both hands over the mask and exhale sharply without disturbing the mask's position - If air leaks around the nose adjust the nose piece accordingly - Be sure the mask fits snugly.